Skip to main content

Review: My Name Is Memory

Author - Ann Brashares
Genre - Young-Adult/Fantasy/Romance
No. of Pages - 324
Year of Publication - 2010
Rating - ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Oh my goodness, this book is pure magic. I had been longing to read this book for a really long time and finally I read it. And the wait was totally worth it.

If you have even a speck of interest (if not belief) in the concept of reincarnation, please read this book. I can guarantee, you won't be disappointed. I don't remember how I came across this book, maybe through Pinterest. But when I read the plot summary, I knew I have to read this book for sure. Somehow, I also knew that this book won't disappoint me.

The starting of this book is somewhat slow, for a few pages you might not be persuaded to read further but once you get to the core, there's no coming back.

I found myself fervently turning the pages always thinking 'then what happened?' I was so lost in this book, I just couldn't put it down.

The protagonist of this book is Daniel, a young boy with a miraculous gift of nature. He has lived a thousand lives and remembers each one of it, which turns out to be both, a boon and a bane for him. 

In his very first life, he meets a girl and mistakenly, becomes the one responsible for her untimely death. In a subsequent life, he meets the same girl again, her name is Sophia and she is the wife of his own brother, Joaquim, an evil soul. 

Daniel finds himself strangely attracted to her until he knows that he has fallen in love. He manages to rescue Sophia from the claws of his brother, but they are never able to spend a life together, despite their love.

Daniel looks for Sophia, in every life. Sometimes, he isn't able to find her for hundreds of years. And even when he is able to find her, the circumstances don't let them reunite.

But when Daniel meets Lucy at high school, around a thousand years after he met Sophia(who is now Lucy), he knows this is their chance. But unlike him, Lucy doesn't remember him or any of her earlier lives.

This book will surely restore your faith in love and humanity and also enlighten you about the power of them. Daniel will appear to you like the ideal partner, one could get. 

I couldn't get enough of the characters created by the author, you can't not fall in love with them. The book ended at a point which seems like a starting to a sequel and I certainly browsed about it. 

As the rumors are, the publishing house Riverhead is not in favor of publishing the sequel to this book because it didn't sell that much and I couldn't quite understand why in the world did that happen. This book is brilliant, one of the bests I have read so far. I have also read other readers' requests for a sequel to this book and I can totally relate to them.

I even saw a petition on Change.org to Riverhead Trade for publishing a sequel to this book but much to my disappointment the petition has already been closed. I just wish they publish a sequel after all.

Here you can read the petition: Publish Sequel to "My Name Is Memory"

Review by Bhumika Singh (Blog Author)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: And Then There Were None

Author - Agatha Christie Genre - Thriller No. of Pages - 320 Year of Publication - 1964 Rating - ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Unlike my earlier reviews, this one is about a thriller. And actually a mind boggling thriller. This is one of those books which will keep you awake through the night with your mind bubbling with questions. A sure shot page turner. And the end will be something you could never imagine.  A mysterious person U.N. Owen invites ten people to his island for different purposes and so the blunder begins. People start dying without any possible explanations and the murderer could only be someone among them because they are the only people on the island. There seems no way they can escape the island and neither do they have any link to the outside world. The fear of death is hanging on their heads and no one is out of doubt. Every person is suspected. Any plans or strategies made to catch the murderer are futile in the end and the reason will become obvious when you read the epi

Review: The Notebook

Author - Nicholas Sparks Genre - Romance No. of Pages - 224 Year of Publication - 1996 Rating - ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 'Noah and Allie'. I consider them the modern Romeo and Juliet. This was my first Sparks' novel and I literally fell in love with his writing after reading it. Characters, setup, plot, expression, I give this novel ten on ten for everything. I don't like reading ebooks personally but I had heard so much about this book that I couldn't wait to buy a paperback and downloaded the ebook. This book is a pure romantic fiction but it is not boring at all. The author has portrayed the characters of Noah and Allie so beautifully that you will certainly fall in love with them. The book opens with an old man giving his introduction while he heads towards a room. A room where he has been going for three years just to narrate the same story to a woman suffering from Alzheimer . The story he reads from his notebook is about Noah and Allie.  They meet each other whe

Review: Safe Haven

Author - Nicholas Sparks Genre - Romance No. of Pages - 432 Year of Publication - 2011 Rating - ❤️❤️❤️ After reading The Notebook , I had high expectations from any other Sparks' book. I wouldn't say that I didn't like this book. All in all it was an okay read. I liked Erin's character a lot. She is portrayed as an independent and brave woman and yes, intelligent too. Alex is a decent character who showcases the idealistic image of a single father who loves and cares for his children more than anything else in the world. And lastly, Kevin, who would like him when he is the self proclaimed villain? I guess no one. Erin moves to Southport, North Carolina after fleeing from her husband, Kevin's house. Erin fell in love with Kevin and they got married but just after a few years of marriage, Erin discovered how obsessed he is with himself and how he wants total control over her moves and her life.  She felt suffocated in his house. She wasn't even al

Followers